Re: Allowing one-way access (write without read)

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 02/22/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 12:09:16 +0800

Well.
1) create c:\abc folder
2) remove everyone and add me in
3) at the same time only grant write. no other option
4) when i click the folder in explorer, i get denied
   because explorer try to read and list which i don't have.
5) then i copy to command prompt, i do a copy \temp\aa.txt \abc
   the file is written to the folder.
6) I grant all permission to myself and verify \abc using explorer.

Rgds.

"Michael Mazza" <mike@kressa.com> wrote in message
> Hi BB,
>
> I tried it again but it still doesn't work. Either I'm doing something
> stupid or you're not trying what I'm trying.
>
> I'm not trying to do FTP get's from a command line. I'm doing it
> through the Windows GUI with a drag/drop method. Maybe that's where the
> bug/difference is between us.
>
> If you setup a folder with "List Folder Contents" and "Write"
> permissions you can drag a file up AND down from the site without being
> blocked (even without READ permissions). If you set it to "Write" only
> then you don't get permission to access the folder OR even drop the file
> on the folder.
>
> In the past, WRITE ONLY access gave you the ability to drop a file on a
> folder to do a PUT but you couldn't open the folder to GET the contents
> back.

  • Re: Network shares cannot connect
    ... Changed value to 0 just waiting to re-boot the server and test logins. ... Workstation Name: - ... let's focus on the Users Shared Folder first. ... To check this permission, please click the Advanced button, select ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Network shares cannot connect
    ... Changed value to 0 just waiting to re-boot the server and test logins. ... Workstation Name: - ... let's focus on the Users Shared Folder first. ... To check this permission, please click the Advanced button, select ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • MCSA/MCSE Self-training book from MS PRESS for exam 70-215 incorrect on file permission questions?
    ... includes the AccountingDept folder, which contains documents specific to the ... accounting department. ... The Accounting group includes all members of the ... AccountingDept folder by granting Read permission to the Accounting group ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.file_system)
  • Re: Practice Test with Wrong Answers?
    ... "The Modify permission does not include the Delete Subfolders and Files ... so permanent employees cannot delete files form the Progress ... When I try this out the modify permissions for the parent folder get ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: Network shares cannot connect
    ... User Name: SERVER$ ... Regarding the shares accessing problem, I suggest you try following steps ... let's focus on the Users Shared Folder first. ... To check this permission, please click the Advanced button, select ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)