Re: Allowing one-way access (write without read)

From: Michael Mazza (mike@kressa.com)
Date: 02/21/03

From:     Michael Mazza <mike@kressa.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:31:14 -0800

Hi BB,

I tried it again but it still doesn't work. Either I'm doing something
stupid or you're not trying what I'm trying.

I'm not trying to do FTP get's from a command line. I'm doing it
through the Windows GUI with a drag/drop method. Maybe that's where the
bug/difference is between us.

If you setup a folder with "List Folder Contents" and "Write"
permissions you can drag a file up AND down from the site without being
blocked (even without READ permissions). If you set it to "Write" only
then you don't get permission to access the folder OR even drop the file
on the folder.

In the past, WRITE ONLY access gave you the ability to drop a file on a
folder to do a PUT but you couldn't open the folder to GET the contents
back.

  • Re: Minimum NTFS Permissions - Theres such a thing???
    ... ?2001 Microsoft Corporation. ... HOW TO: Set Minimum NTFS Permissions Required for IIS 5.0 to Work WGID:198 ... " List Folder Contents" ...
  • Re: Unable to delete orphaned 1.5 GB System Restore folder
    ... The fact that the tech support is based in India has nothing to do with the ... If so you may want to leave this folder alone. ... down to all children folders because i can set those permissions to ... try deleting from the command line using system by using the AT ...
  • Re: Unable to delete orphaned 1.5 GB System Restore folder
    ... The only computers i fix are my own. ... If so you may want to leave this folder alone. ... it includes all subdirectories with inherited permissions. ... try deleting from the command line using system by using the AT ...
  • Re: share folder permissions
    ... B Group -> Read only permissions over ALL the sub-folders and files ... List Folder Contents, Read, and Write. ... Usually we just add Domain Admins FC, and Authenticated Users, Change. ... Then whatever is set in the folder structure using NTFS will dicate their effective permissions. ...
  • RE: no OWA
    ... have the correct permissions was the "inetpub" folder. ... Correct the settings in IIS: ... click to check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)