Re: Allowing one-way access (write without read)

From: Michael Mazza (mike@kressa.com)
Date: 02/21/03

From:     Michael Mazza <mike@kressa.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:31:14 -0800

Hi BB,

I tried it again but it still doesn't work. Either I'm doing something
stupid or you're not trying what I'm trying.

I'm not trying to do FTP get's from a command line. I'm doing it
through the Windows GUI with a drag/drop method. Maybe that's where the
bug/difference is between us.

If you setup a folder with "List Folder Contents" and "Write"
permissions you can drag a file up AND down from the site without being
blocked (even without READ permissions). If you set it to "Write" only
then you don't get permission to access the folder OR even drop the file
on the folder.

In the past, WRITE ONLY access gave you the ability to drop a file on a
folder to do a PUT but you couldn't open the folder to GET the contents
back.