Integrated Widnwos Authentication

From: Mike (mikea@msdg.com)
Date: 02/21/03

From: "Mike" <mikea@msdg.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:21:56 -0800

Can some one help me with this. I'm not sure what it is
but if I remove anonymous access on a directory on my
site, and try to access it using Netscape. Even if I input
a correct username & password it comes back with
an "Authorization failed" message. I've tryed everything
and it doesn't seem to work. It used to work before but
not any more. It works fine in IE but not Netscape. Can
some one help?

Thank you,

Mike

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IE users can no longer authenicate
    ... What sort of authentication are you using? ... Netscape can't use Integrated ... > setup to disallow Anonymous access. ... > static, asp, and aspx web sites where anonymous access is disallowed. ...
  • Access localhost in netscape 6.2.3 fails
    ... When I try to open my local host in Netscape ... 403 Forbidden - The server denies the specified Uniform Resource ... Within the Authentications methods window in IIS I've tried all the ... when I only have the Anonymous access box checked I cannot access my ...
  • Re: Integrated Widnwos Authentication
    ... like how to do authentication and SSL. ... > NTLM won't work on netscape and through proxy server. ... >> but if I remove anonymous access on a directory on my ...
  • Re: Integrated Widnwos Authentication
    ... NTLM won't work on netscape and through proxy server. ... Use basic with SSL cert. ... Rgds. ... > but if I remove anonymous access on a directory on my ...
  • Re: Access sharepoint site from internet
    ... I'm with Mike on this. ... My WSS site works with anonymous access and has a "Sign In" button. ... I can see the "Site Settings" link, but when I click it, I'm prompted for authentication. ... As long as I surf areas of the site that are set for anonymous access, ...