Re: Network Queries

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (levinson_k@excite.com)
Date: 02/20/03

    From: "Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <levinson_k@excite.com>
    Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:19:16 -0500

    "JunezzZ" <xiang_xu@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:u#hP#hC2CHA.2708@TK2MSFTNGP12...
    > I would like to know more about all the questions listed below. Thanks a
    > lot.

    These are really some complex questions and you'd need to provide more
    information about the environment and requirements, or better yet, do the
    research yourself at www.google.com or www.google.com/advanced_group_search
    We could try to give answers, but they won't be the right answers for all
    situations.

    > 1. What network operating system and client operating system do network
    > administrator use?

    Um, Novell Netware, Unix, Windows are three big ones.

    > 2. What network topology would the administrator recommend? Why?

    Large networks may have a lot of different network topologies combined.
    Ethernet of some flavor arranged in a variety of hubs and spokes connected
    by switches and routers is one common one. Token ring is sometimes used
    too.

    > 3. What is the most common problem that they encounter in the network? How
    > do they solve this problem?

    Depends on who you talk to. Viruses, security, patch management, user
    error, software and hardware malfunction, etc.

    > 4. What hardware configuration do they use in servers?

    Need more details in the question, I think. Most companies have multiple
    servers with different configurations depending on the age and use of the
    server and the characteristics of the network.

    > 5. Name any three network management software applications that are
    > compatible with Windows NT/2000 Server? Which would be more suitable for
    > small network and an enterprise network? What are the functions they
    perform
    > and protocol(s) they use?

    > 6. What are the key features of VLAN technology? What are the benefits and
    > limitations of VLAN? Give an example(s) of VLAN applications.

    These are starting to sound like school questions, and at any rate, you
    should be able to find these answers without our help. Start with google
    and www.pcwebopedia.com

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Dcidag errors
      ... Port blockage between servers ... Other sorts of networking issues (lack of connectivity between the points ... These errors are typically a result of a network connectivity issue of some ... > replicating this nc. ...
    • Re: I need Job Blobb
      ... > Windows and Network administratation. ... > In a job I would like to administrate servers, ... > Title: ISP Network Administrator ... > o Building, installation, configuration and tuning ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
    • Re: I need Job Blobb
      ... > Windows and Network administratation. ... > In a job I would like to administrate servers, ... > Title: ISP Network Administrator ... > o Building, installation, configuration and tuning ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
    • Re: A question about capacity planning and scalability [2]...
      ... and this will be modeled as a Jackson network like this: ... We know for an M/M/c queue that: ... try to add servers with almost the same hardware ...
      (comp.programming.threads)
    • network congestion ISA 2006
      ... I'm having some very strange problems with my network ever since I ... The other networks are for application servers, database servers, ... The ISA is right in the middle of all of this and filtering traffic between ... Everytime some tries copying a big file from the clients VLAN to any other ...
      (microsoft.public.isa)