Re: Integrated Windows Authorisation

From: Stephen L Nicoud (nicouds@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/12/03

From: "Stephen L Nicoud" <nicouds@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:31:13 -0500

When you say "person who access to a home area is its user" do you mean read and write/update access or just write/update access?

"Tim Guy" <tim@hurtwood.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:#NAEygm0CHA.2564@TK2MSFTNGP12...
> I'm just interested in making sure the only person who access to a home area
> is its user (and admins), and making sure password information wont get
> picked up on its way from the client to the server.
>
> I haven't really decide on the fireway yet. More than likely a firewall with
> some kind of NAT. I'm trying different situations at the moment.
>
> I take it there are problems running Integ Windows Autho behind some of
> those methods you mentioned?
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>

> "Stephen L Nicoud" <nicouds@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Are you interested in restricting who can read these Web folders or are you
> merely interested in controlling who can write to these Web folders or both?
>
> When accessing the Web folders through your firewall, do you go through a
> proxy (e.g., reverse proxy) or are you doing something with a NAT device or
> something else?
>
> "Tim Guy" <tim@hurtwood.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Im looking at wanting to publish some Web folders (behind a firewall) for
> > users home areas. Remotley a user goes to a HTML page. which asks for
> their
> > name, this kicks off some script which simple takes the user to
> > http:\\server\username as a WebDav folder. At this Im going to use
> > Integrated Windows Authorisation and the NTFS security to allow only the
> > correct user access.
> >
> > Am I stuipd? Is this not secure enough? Should I be looking at it from
> > another way.
> >
> > I want these files and folders accessible from where ever. Home, Work,
> Cyber
> > Cafe, Etc.
> >
> > Cheers in advance
> >
> > Tim

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Integrated Windows Authorisation
    ... IWA/NTCR is for authentication. ... > When you say "person who access to a home area is its user" do you mean read ... More than likely a firewall ... >> Are you interested in restricting who can read these Web folders or are ...
  • Re: Integrated Windows Authorisation
    ... > home area and administrators. ... More than likely a firewall ... >> Are you interested in restricting who can read these Web folders or are ...
  • Re: Integrated Windows Authorisation
    ... Ill probably do it with a stand alone internal Cert Autho ... When you say "person who access to a home area is its user" do you mean read ... More than likely a firewall ... > Are you interested in restricting who can read these Web folders or are ...
  • Re: Integrated Windows Authorisation
    ... I'm just interested in making sure the only person who access to a home area ... Are you interested in restricting who can read these Web folders or are you ... When accessing the Web folders through your firewall, ... reverse proxy) or are you doing something with a NAT device or ...
  • Re: Integrated Windows Authorisation
    ... A User has a home area. ... More than likely a firewall ... > Are you interested in restricting who can read these Web folders or are ...