Re: Error Connecting to a IIS Server

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 02/10/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:47:34 +0800

You need to be a member of the local administrator
of the IIS Box.

Rgds.

"Roger Lee" <rogerlee@nospam.com> wrote in message
> When I attempt to connect to a IIS Server (Running on
> Windows 2000 Server) from my Windows 2000 Professional
> workstation in MMC, it gives me an error message:
>
> Error Connecting to IISSERVER
> Access is denied.
>
> We are running Novell as our NOS and no NT Domain in our
> shop. If I create a username as myself with password at
> the W2K Server running IIS, it can solve my problem ?
>
> Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IIS Start up errors
    ... provide the detailed steps to reinstall the IIS server in SBS 2003 server. ... For example, programs such as Microsoft ... In the Currently installed programs list, click Windows Small Business ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: RWW Fatal Error
    ... Error Message: Input string was not in a correct format. ... This issue can be caused by several factoring including RWW problem and IIS ... On the SBS 2003 Server open the Server Management console. ... You can zip these log files and send them as attachments to my mailbox ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Active Directory Services cannot find the web server
    ... I am having the same problem with a windows xp pro with iis 5.1 ... incedently does not work properly when connecting to the server. ... both the client and server and still no luck. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.faqs)
  • Re: Intranet application
    ... An exact error message and more detail would be helpful. ... you have set up that account and password on the other server as well. ... server," possibly IIS is trying to use the IWAM or IUSR account here? ... If you think this might be a permissions issue, you could enable Windows ...
  • Re: restated: VS Develper (non Admin) missing IIS MMC Management
    ... > debug ASP in VB.Net, and of course manage IIS MMC. ... > Microsoft Development Environment ... > Information Server on the client and the server. ... > server from a Windows NT 4.0 client. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup)