port and managing of IIS

From: Martin Landriau (mlandria@ers.ca)
Date: 01/31/03

From: "Martin Landriau" <mlandria@ers.ca>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:05:28 -0800

Hi,

Is it save to create web site on other port than 80? Do I
have some securities to watch to be sure that it's safe.
does a list of port number exist to use with iis.

I'm not to familiar with port and the managing of IIS.

I wouls also like to know if it's ok to create for example
two web sites (ex: application_deve and
application_production) and create the same virtual
directories inside these two web sites (ex: app, app_inc
inside application_deve and app, app_inc inside
application_production).

I want to have two environments with the same files of my
application so if i have to make changes in my asp source
code, i will see if my code is alright in application_deve
and then copy it to my application_production.

In the attach file, you have the example of what i want to
do with the web site "default web site" and "wpt4_test".
Inside these two web sites, I want to create the virtual
directories app and app_inc.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: asp pages error
    ... To configure the Port and Listening port, ... I assume that you have installed the web site on the IIS MMC already. ... In the Host Header value blank, you can assign multiple host names, also ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: asp pages error
    ... > site allow you to configure it to listen on another port or add Host Header ... > Default Web Site and Companyweb. ... > You also can add Host Header on the web site if it does not allow listening ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: port 4125
    ... Since it is the WWW publishing service is listening on port 4125, ... Open IIS console, navigate to Web Sites node, right click web site ... connect to the client computer in RWW site? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Linux Forums unreachable.
    ... DSL router, do you? ... web site that does not match linuxforums.org. ... interesting to see if the problem is specific to port 80. ... ray@RaysComputer:~$ telnet www.linuxforums.org 21 ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: SharePoint 3.0: problems with external access
    ... Port 443 won't work because it is already used by the Default Web Site. ... The steps to publish WSS 3.0 applications behind ISA 2004 are the same as those that I posted earlier. ... Go to 'Alternate Access Mappings' and in the 'Internet Zone' for your ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)