port and managing of IIS

From: Martin Landriau (mlandria@ers.ca)
Date: 01/31/03

From: "Martin Landriau" <mlandria@ers.ca>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:05:28 -0800

Hi,

Is it save to create web site on other port than 80? Do I
have some securities to watch to be sure that it's safe.
does a list of port number exist to use with iis.

I'm not to familiar with port and the managing of IIS.

I wouls also like to know if it's ok to create for example
two web sites (ex: application_deve and
application_production) and create the same virtual
directories inside these two web sites (ex: app, app_inc
inside application_deve and app, app_inc inside
application_production).

I want to have two environments with the same files of my
application so if i have to make changes in my asp source
code, i will see if my code is alright in application_deve
and then copy it to my application_production.

In the attach file, you have the example of what i want to
do with the web site "default web site" and "wpt4_test".
Inside these two web sites, I want to create the virtual
directories app and app_inc.