Re: Cannot Delete Files From FTP Server

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (jamescagney90210@excite.com)
Date: 01/30/03

From: "Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <jamescagney90210@excite.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:55:45 -0500

I'm not sure the yahoo is 100% at fault. You should consider deleting the
posix subsystem and other hardening techniques. [Well, to be fair, this
wouldn't block the person from putting the files there, just making the
folder so hard to delete, but probably indicates that other things haven't
been done to secure the computer as well.]

For instructions as to how, search www.google.com , or one of the hardening
documents below will contain it:

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#harden

"Joel Janke" <junk@datapexservices.com> wrote in message
> Never mind...I was able to fix the problem.
>
> I was able to use DIR /X to find the 8.3 directory. Then
> I was able to use the RD /S command to remove the
> directory. DEL didn't work, but RD /S appears to have
> done the job.
>
> - Joel

---

  • Re: [SLE] YAST Online Update error: kdesu: cannot connect to X server
    ... My SGI Prism running SLES 9 is also very temperament ... > online_update') from command line it should bring up ... > Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam ...
    (SuSE)
  • SUMMARY: cropping a file
    ... Although this will execute very quickly (assuming ... The logfile is being modified by two ... he executes the 'w' command. ... > Do you Yahoo!? ...
    (Tru64-UNIX-Managers)
  • Re: [SLE] wav => mp3 w/ Audacity
    ... In poking around the web I discovered that the latest ... features so I downloaded the 1.2.0 version and ... > with lame directly with the command: ... Do you Yahoo!? ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Hidden Folders
    ... Subject: Hidden Folders ... > have open shares, as people could hide files in your ... command, or do searches for files that have the hidden ... Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant messaging with Yahoo! ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: General question about HTML form
    ... > You run the program from the command line to make ... > <!DOCTYPE html ... Do you Yahoo!? ... Finance Tax Center - File online. ...
    (perl.beginners)