Re: PLEASE help on firewall

From: Keith W. McCammon (
Date: 01/30/03

From: "Keith W. McCammon" <>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:40:49 -0500

> My site uses windowsforms authentication (i.e. only anonymous login in IIS
> and then a page with username-password checked against a db table). The
> problem is my boss cannot connect... How should I configure the firewall?
> am new to this kind of program, so some help would be HIGHLY appreciated.

You could add his address (the source) to your list of trusted systems.
ZoneAlarm is a personal firewall, so I don't know if you can add specific
services for the firewall to forward inbound.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I was hacked
    ... Only me noticing that the requests seemed to come from a LAN? ... To secure IIS somewhat, remove all the virtual directories even if they are ... > Do you have some kind of application level firewall on this machine? ... a series of attempts to attack IIS that the IIS log claimed were coming ...
  • Re: I was hacked
    ... I suspect the firewall looks like a typical address that a NAT ... use Apache to proxypass all requests to IIS and that way I can have some ... script to check if the url is valid and if so execute the script... ... :>: a series of attempts to attack IIS that the IIS log claimed were ...
  • Re: security breach?
    ... If your XP firewall is not blocking oubound connections, ... There are various trojans that allow remote access, ... email passwords to a hacker's email address, ... are running IIS, find and look at your IIS log files, if they exist. ...
  • Re: Being hacked...
    ... Are you offering a webserver and ftp server to users on the internet as per having ... FTP and HTTP open? ... For internet attacks what I would look for is patterns in the firewall ... I am not an expert on IIS by any means but I do know if you are using FTP and IIS you ...
  • Please help me get started
    ... in the exceptions tab that were blocked by the firewall ... I originally miunderstood the exceptions tab and added ... I restarted IIS by clicking disconnect and the clicking ... If you have Windows SP2 installed it will cause you ...