Re: Warning: Page has expired

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (
Date: 01/30/03

From: "Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 07:56:41 -0500

I don't believe there is anything you can do about this. AFAIK this is a
setting on the code on the server and is not under your control. At least
this is generally the answer given here. It's also not really a problem but
the way the web page was coded.

"Anna" <> wrote in message
> I've noticed recently (last few dasy) that whenever I fill
> out a form, get the results and then use the back button
> it gives me the warning: "Page has Expired The page you
> requested was created using information you submitted in a
> form. This page is no longer available. As a security
> precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically
> resubmit your information for you.
> To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click
> the Refresh button."
> I've found a page in this web site that says to disable
> the "do not save encrypted pages to desk" or/and to
> install a new version and that this problem has been
> confirmed with IE 4.0 and Win95
> Also it says that one is connected to a page on a IIS
> version 4.0
> I've cehcked that the "do not save..." option was disabled
> and I had uploaded the new 6.0 IE, and I'm running Win2000.
> Anybody running in this same problem ?? How come it
> started just recently??? How do I configure my IE so that
> this doesn't happen anymore?
> Thanks for your help
> Anna

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (

  • Re: GET and POST
    ... When you are uploading data, ... warn if you are trying to resubmit a posted page. ... when user is posting some data to server, ...
  • Re: PING - Bryn, Neb, A W-S, RadgeGadge
    ... >>AFAIK, you are the only others dowloading ... >>about a dozen posts in smn from several different ... the server and bounce any message you wish too. ...
  • Re: [SLE] Force x86-64 - XEON FSB 800Mhz
    ... Xeons are the server versions of the Pentium4. ... >of are the Itaniums. ... That's why as said AFAIK. ...
  • Re: Apple Mail mehrere SMTP
    ... nicht aber die Anmeldung am Server. ... AFAIK: nö! ... die eine bestimmte E-Mail Adresse beinhalten sollen. ...
  • Re: ViewState and TextBox behavior
    ... AFAIK you can clear/change values with server side code without any problem. ... IMHO the problem is just that this is done to early (before the textbox ...