Re: If I use Host Headers should I give Port Numbers...

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 01/30/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:52:53 +0800

Start reading

www.iisfaq.com/hostheader/

Rgds.

"Vagabond" <anwartech2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:065601c2c806$a9ca94a0$d2f82ecf@TK2MSFTNGXA09...
> Hey guys..
>

> I created multiple siteson my IIS and a BOOK told that i
> can use "Host Headers" if I wanted to create multiple
> sites & at the same time dont want to append post numbers
> after the url
>
> eg: http://marketing:81
>
> the book told to avoid typing http://marketing:81(the port
> number) I can use Host headers...but when i used the host
> headers it doesn't solve my port number prob..
>
> so I wanted to know that whether I understood it wrong or
> the book is Wrong :)
>
> thanks...the books author is Gerry O'brien..
>

> thanks again in advance..
>
> bye!!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Multiple websites on server setup (different domain names)
    ... I don't know if I can do this or not with host headers, ... and another on port 2210 I want the site on port 2200 to work on domainA.com ... >> I want to set up a single web server which runs multiple websites, ...
  • Re: If I use Host Headers should I give Port Numbers...
    ... Using different host headers, port numbers and/or IP addresses should all ... > I created multiple siteson my IIS and a BOOK told that i ... > sites & at the same time dont want to append post numbers ...
  • Re: If I use Host Headers should I give Port Numbers...
    ... >I created multiple siteson my IIS and a BOOK told that i ... >can use "Host Headers" if I wanted to create multiple ... >number) I can use Host headers...but when i used the host ... If this is Administering IIS 5, the book is right, but O'Brien's ...
  • If I use Host Headers should I give Port Numbers...
    ... I created multiple siteson my IIS and a BOOK told that i ... can use "Host Headers" if I wanted to create multiple ... number) I can use Host headers...but when i used the host ... headers it doesn't solve my port number prob.. ...
  • Re: External drives not installing or working properly on USB
    ... with the USB system before but these disappearred when I disabled the ... Only one of the five host controllers is connected to the 6 ... work on any port on the PC? ... operating system to recognise the four additional 'drives'. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)