Re: Password for IUSR account

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (levinson_k@excite.com)
Date: 01/28/03

From: "Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <levinson_k@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:38:15 -0500

Yes, but you have to uncheck the box in the IIS MMC that allows IIS to
manage the password... and the password has to be changed both in the IIS
MMC and also on the actual IUSR account within the Windows user database.

If you want to do the same thing to the IWAM account [used to run scripts]
or you want to find out what the password is on the IUSR account, search
www.microsoft.com/support for ADSUTIL.VBS as that's the command to use.

"PPR" <jonium@tiscali.it> wrote in message
> In win2k server (+ IIS 5.0)may I set the password for the
> default account IUSR ?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: dllhost still running in ii6
    ... Bad, bad security ... which required IIS to run as LocalSystem. ... assume that prior to upgrade you had an incorrect anonymous user ... >> to my iusr account in anonymous access. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Backup "pending request"?
    ... > and assign in IIS MMC. ... > a) remove all cert in your cert store ... the request and response from the CA only contain the public key, ...
  • Re: Backup "pending request"?
    ... > and assign in IIS MMC. ... > a) remove all cert in your cert store ... the request and response from the CA only contain the public key, ...
  • Re: anonymous access denied
    ... Default Permissions and User Rights for IIS 6.0 ... I check IIS and it definitly has allow anonymous ... > gave the IUSR account admin rights, ... > It seems that anonymous access is no longer allowing anonymous access. ...
  • Re: Changing Machine Name and effect on IUSR account
    ... Have you considered backing up the web content on the server and simply ... "Joel Zinn" wrote in message ... > I have a Win2k3 server that has IIS on it. ... Of course, when they did, the IUSR account ...