Re: !HELP! IIS5 SMTP server rejecting all mail where the message sender was <>!!!

From: AAA (DELETEALLCAPSnewsgroupaccount@DELETEALLCAPSyahoo.com)
Date: 01/28/03

From: "AAA" <DELETEALLCAPSnewsgroupaccount@DELETEALLCAPSyahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 02:15:48 GMT

You'd probably get a better response if you had a better post. I, for one,
can't understand what you're doing. SMTP is for outbound mail but your 2nd
paragraph is more about inbound. However, it's a bit more clear (though not
enough) when you imply in your 3rd paragraph that you're doing some
forwarding. Explain your application setup or steps or software for us.
That is, explained what server/software is getting the inbound and/or
forwarding to where.

IIS will definitely put mail in BADMAIL if it doesn't like the format. Is
any of your mail being processed by software that could do this check for
you before it gets forwarded.

If the mail is still badly formatted, why do you want it sent out (versus
handled in badmail as it is now)?