Re: Administering WebSites through iisadmin

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (jamescagney90210@excite.com)
Date: 01/22/03

From: "Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <jamescagney90210@excite.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:25:51 -0500

PS you might want to also look at the URLSCAN.LOG file to see if URLScan
[which comes with IISlockdown] is blocking a certain file extension. [I bet
it is.] If it is, edit the urlscan.ini file and restart IIS. More info:

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#urlscan

"Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <levinson_k@excite.com> wrote in message
> You may want to go into the IIS MMC to see which port it's listening on,
> e.g. http://localhost:8934/iisadmin and also check to confirm that
> iisadmin is the valid name of an IIS share or folder on the computer. I
> think you'll have to change the IP restrictions on the site if you want
> other computers besides localhost to be able to access it remotely.
>
> Be careful with the IIS administration web site... I believe there may be
> some known issues wiht the code, and also you may want to use https to
> encrypt the communication and any passwords passed.
>

> "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I would like to give a MyCOmpanyWebOperators ability to administer web
> > sites.
> > From the local server I do
> > http://localhost/iisadmin
> >
> > and that doesn't work.
> > Does iislockdown tool blocks that ? If so, what's the best way to
unblock
> > that one ?

---

  • Re: IIS lockdown - odd log entrys
    ... Not sure why you get access is denied, but I believe iislockdown is trying ... > Just installed IIS on my XP pro box and decided to run the IIS> lockdown tool, all seemed to go fine but I got the following in the> report at the end: ... I ran windows update after installing IIS and it found no> updates! ...
  • Re: Locking Down IIS & NT Server 2000
    ... but note that there are other things you need besides just IISlockdown. ... read the instructions to configure it if you have special IIS needs. ... services, install only the components of IIS that you need, have a software ... > Look for IIS LOCKDOWN tool on www.microsoft.com and let that tool help you ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: running URLscan for second time
    ... IISlockdown since it makes changes to the IIS ... get the URLscan 2.5 update and ... > uninstall IIS, then reinstall it. ...
  • Re: User configuration question
    ... I thought I remembered hearing that IISLockDown and URLscan was basically ... included as part of IIS 6. ...
  • Re: Help pls- quick one
    ... using the .asp file extension will cause IIS to process the page ... This email account is my spam trap so I ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)