Re: IIS Multiple IP range blocking

From: Jeff Cochran (jcochran.nospam@naplesgov.com)
Date: 01/22/03

From: jcochran.nospam@naplesgov.com (Jeff Cochran)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:05:59 GMT

>I was wondering how to input multiple domain ranges into
>IIS without doing it manually. I need this method or
>program to be very fast and be able to handle a lot of
>ranges at a time. For example, one of the countries I want
>to block is Russia, and my list of ranges for Russia is
>over 10,000 different IP ranges. It will take me literally
>months to input this manually, please help.
>
>For example, let's say I want to block the following
>ranges:
>190.190.15.1 - 190.190.15.255
>195.222.41.0 - 195.222.41.63
>195.182.76.160 - 195.182.76.167
>
>How would I block these through IIS 5.0 without manially
>inputting all of the IPs?

At some point this gets ridiculous. How is IIS/Windows going to
process 10,000 blocks?

How about only allowing the ranges you wish?

Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IIS Multiple IP range blocking
    ... > I was wondering how to input multiple domain ranges into ... > IIS without doing it manually. ... > ranges at a time. ... > to block is Russia, and my list of ranges for Russia is ...
  • Re: IIS Multiple IP range blocking
    ... > I was wondering how to input multiple domain ranges into ... > IIS without doing it manually. ... > ranges at a time. ... > to block is Russia, and my list of ranges for Russia is ...
  • Re: IIS Multiple IP range blocking
    ... >>I was wondering how to input multiple domain ranges into ... >>IIS without doing it manually. ... >>ranges at a time. ... >>to block is Russia, and my list of ranges for Russia is ...
  • IIS Multiple IP range blocking
    ... I was wondering how to input multiple domain ranges into ... IIS without doing it manually. ... to block is Russia, and my list of ranges for Russia is ...