Re: IUSER "Write" Permissions? Pro or Con?

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 01/22/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:53:40 +0800

and make sure you have really configure all related
NTFS permission. if it break, only 1 folder affected. not the
rest. set iusr deny write at 'webroot', then specifically grant
write a one that related folder.

Rgds.

"Wolf Tombe" <Wolf@PresidioTrust.gov> wrote in message
> One of our database developers wants to allow anonymous web visitors the
> option of generating a downloadable output file from a webpage based
> database query. In order to do this, he has asked us to allow the web
> server's IUSER account to have write permissions for a specific directory
> under c:\inetpub\wwwroot. I'm hesitant to allow the ISUER account to have
> any write permissions even if restricted to a specific directory.
However,
> before making any final decision, I thought I would bounce the idea off
this
> group to see if my concerns are valid or not. I would appreciate any
> feedback pro or con to allowing IUSER to have these rights.
>

> Thanks
>

> Wolf Tombe

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IUSER "Write" Permissions? Pro or Con?
    ... > One of our database developers wants to allow anonymous web visitors the ... > server's IUSER account to have write permissions for a specific directory ... > any write permissions even if restricted to a specific directory. ...
  • IUSER "Write" Permissions? Pro or Con?
    ... One of our database developers wants to allow anonymous web visitors the ... server's IUSER account to have write permissions for a specific directory ... any write permissions even if restricted to a specific directory. ...
  • Re: IUSER "Write" Permissions? Pro or Con?
    ... >One of our database developers wants to allow anonymous web visitors the ... >database query. ... >any write permissions even if restricted to a specific directory. ... allow access as an include to an ASP file in the web folders. ...
  • What are the required permissions for ASP.NET 1.1 IUSER account?
    ... I want to create an NUnit shortcut that ... will execute my tests as the IUSER account so that the tests will run ... with the appropriate permissions when I rebuild my solution. ... that seems to be the IUSER account. ...
  • Re: What are the required permissions for ASP.NET 1.1 IUSER account?
    ... with the appropriate permissions when I rebuild my solution. ... that seems to be the IUSER account. ... execute access to the wwwroot. ...