Re: multiple SSL sites using multihoming/DNS scheme

From: Stephen L Nicoud (nicouds@hotmail.com)
Date: 01/18/03

From: "Stephen L Nicoud" <nicouds@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 20:45:14 -0500

How will the router/firewall know which FQDN was requested if the request is encrypted?

"Greg Gard" <greggard_net@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:BMOV9.711951$WL3.730016@rwcrnsc54...
> Hi All,
>
> Here's the question. I want to be able to host multiple SSL sites on my IIS
> 5.0 server. I've asked around some and searched here and there, but have
> only gotten one coherent means of doing this assuming that I don't want to
> use different port numbers. The scheme goes like this: Multiple domains
> mapped to one public IP that is a router/firewall or DNS server that maps
> the domain names to internal IPs (192.168...). I install multiple internal
> IPs on my NIC (multihomed) and then specify the different IPs in each
> SSL-enabled web site properties box. This requires each of my clients to buy
> a cert.
>
> Are there other ways of doing this. I was reading some of the other posts
> that mentioned wild-card certs that would allow me to have
> client.mydomain.com setups. I assume then that in this latter case, there
> would be only one SSL-enabled site that could accept any number of
> subdomain.domain.com requests. Is this correct?
>
> Thanks in advance...gg

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Multiple requests to a webservice...???
    ... from client and perform some processing and write the output back to ... you're looking for a way to make multiple such requests ... package into a single http request so that you can make multiple such web ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.xml)
  • Re: Captcha recommendations
    ... Some companies use multiple gateways in a load ... And there will be even more static IPs; ... replying to the current request. ... session, which is what the conversation was/is about. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Handling multiple requests in a WCF Service
    ... the Website->Asp.Net Configuration option in Visual Studio. ... Public Function CreateReportAs ReportOutput Implements IReportingService.CreateReport ... IIS will handle multiple requests simultaneously, as well as the ServiceHost instance. ... If you are set up for a per-call instancing, then you don't have to worry, as a new instance of your service object will be created on each incoming request. ...
  • Re: DNS Across subnets
    ... Squid is looking at the header of the http request and instead of saying ... The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL. ... VLAN1 gives out ips of 10.0.x.x ... VLAN3 gives out ips of 10.2.x.x ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: how to save the visitors ip addresses
    ... >> You can't track visitors by IP. ... and it is very possible to have multiple visitors from the same ... An IP is valid for one conversation (i.e. a page request ... all connections are considered persistent unless declared ...
    (comp.lang.php)