Re: help major problem

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 01/13/03

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:07:32 +0800

Configure your exchange to allow relay from IIS SMTP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=289553

Rgds.

"concern" <maquinaloca@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a sql server that is using IIS to send email to
> users in our domain. I am getting the following message
> when IIS smtp service tried to send email from a user on
> our exchange server to a user on our exchange server.
>
> Message delivery to the remote domain 'blah.com' failed.
> The error message is 'An SMTP protocol error occurred.
> '. The SMTP verb which caused the error is 'RCPT'. The
> response from the remote server is '550 5.7.1 Unable to
> relay for onlinereg@blah.com
> '.
>
> has anyone seen this before. Also, this user can send
> email to addresses outside of my domain with no problems.
>
> I am using exchange 5.5 with service pack 4.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Messages with encrypted Zip files are rejected
    ... Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.5.0 Mail rejected for container policy reasons. ... If IIS is acting as a relay server then you should see the 550 in the ... If you're not seeing that then the Exchange ... server isn't rejecting them message and i doubt that the IIS SMTP ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: SMTP relay based on username
    ... I have a users called user1@xxxxxxxx on Unix box. ... Rest of my users are on Exchange. ... this is a question outside Exchange because you want the IIS SMTP ... server in the DMZ to send to the UNIX box rather than the Exchange ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Smtp going to wrong server
    ... You cannot send mail "through" an IIS SMTP virtual server to an ostensibly ... remote domain if that domain is known as local to an Exchange server ... example, in IIS SMTP as a simple MTA, adding a Remote Domain entry allows ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.smtp_nntp)
  • Re: Exchange Transport event 7004 and 7010
    ... How to troubleshoot the "504 need to authenticate first" SMTP protocol error ... configured for cross-forest trust between the Exchange organizations. ... Internet server. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Slow outbound mail
    ... Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS? ... SMTP protocol error? ... Antivirus Scanning is excluding the Exchange folders and M drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)