Re: help major problem

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (jamescagney90210@excite.com)
Date: 01/12/03

From: "Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <jamescagney90210@excite.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 19:25:35 -0500

Sounds like you need to configure the SMTP service to allow the SQL server
to send or relay mail. I'm not an expert at the SMTP service but am
confident this is described at www.microsoft.com/support and possibly easier
to find by first looking at www.iisfaq.com [if it's there]

"concern" <maquinaloca@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a sql server that is using IIS to send email to
> users in our domain. I am getting the following message
> when IIS smtp service tried to send email from a user on
> our exchange server to a user on our exchange server.
>
> Message delivery to the remote domain 'blah.com' failed.
> The error message is 'An SMTP protocol error occurred.
> '. The SMTP verb which caused the error is 'RCPT'. The
> response from the remote server is '550 5.7.1 Unable to
> relay for onlinereg@blah.com
> '.
>
> has anyone seen this before. Also, this user can send
> email to addresses outside of my domain with no problems.
>
> I am using exchange 5.5 with service pack 4.

---

  • RE: smtp 127.0.0.1
    ... I'm guessing that the SBS team just enabled it to avoid service calls. ... Exchange "Best Practices" recommends if you're not running a third party app, ... Please note that if you did not create a server publishing rule to ... > 1) SMTP service running on the SBS server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: How to set up email in Sharepoint Services?
    ... There is no way to specify that *in SharePoint*. ... Verify or install SMTP Service: ... Start>Components>Application Server Details>IIS Details>SMTP Service ... Changes to default settings for Access tab are ...
  • IIS SMTP service not on ISA machine
    ... Having a problem getting the IIS SMTP service to work. ... It used to work before I installed ISA Server on a new dell ... of IIS on to the ISA machine and now can get outgoing email that way but i ...
    (microsoft.public.isaserver)
  • Re: Hardening SMTP on IIS 5
    ... in the SMTP service. ... all unnecessary IIS components, and harden IIS www service if it has not ... > WWIN2K server running IIS5 to relay mail? ...
  • RE: Some Microsoft Emails not coming through
    ... the incoming Internet email is coming in on port 2525 ... SMTP service on port 25 by default, and the Default SMTP Virtual Server ... email to your Exchange Server on TCP port 2525 via SMTP service? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)