help major problem

From: concern (maquinaloca@hotmail.com)
Date: 01/11/03

From: "concern" <maquinaloca@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 10:51:31 -0800

I have a sql server that is using IIS to send email to
users in our domain. I am getting the following message
when IIS smtp service tried to send email from a user on
our exchange server to a user on our exchange server.

Message delivery to the remote domain 'blah.com' failed.
The error message is 'An SMTP protocol error occurred.
'. The SMTP verb which caused the error is 'RCPT'. The
response from the remote server is '550 5.7.1 Unable to
relay for onlinereg@blah.com
'.

has anyone seen this before. Also, this user can send
email to addresses outside of my domain with no problems.

I am using exchange 5.5 with service pack 4.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Exchange 2003 SBS #4.4.7 NDR TO OUR SERVER
    ... SP1/SP2 can be applied all exchange 2003 server. ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... Pack 2) when looking at the properties of the exchange server in system ... I can send you the SMTP log but there is no entry for the incoming ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Configured Monitoring with "off-site" email
    ... problematic domain also uses exchange server as mail server, ... How to Bypass DNS Name Resolution to Test SMTP Mail Flow to Remote ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cannot send mail to "some" domains
    ... Default Server: dhcp16.srv.hcvlny.cv.net ... When I go to the new ESM and drill through SMTP on the new Exchange server I ... policy is not the Default Policy, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • RE: disable Exchange Server 2003 Smart Host
    ... My understanding is the "smart host" is the forwarding agent for the emails. ... You still use your exchange server to send out emails, ... Exchange Server 2003 Smart Host ... Exchange Server 2003 on SBS allolws me to specify an outgoing SMTP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SMTP Server remote queue length alert
    ... Thank you for posting in the SBS newsgroup. ... automatically creates a SMTP connector for outgoing messages. ... bridgehead defines the Exchange server which can use this SMTP connector to ... What method is used to send outgoing email (DNS route or ISP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)