RE: integrated authentication failing from remote site

From: Bruce Rhodewalt (
Date: 01/07/03

From:     Bruce Rhodewalt <>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 17:21:06 -0800

Thanks to you all for your suggestions. I have confirmed that Basic
authentication works. I have also used Netmon to compare the
transactions that occur during a session which correctly authenticates
(using IWA) and one which merely delivers an error to the user. The
difference is dramatic. I'll see what I can learn from that.

If it turns out that various proxy servers (some of which belong to ISPs
and so are completely outside of my control) are to blame, what are my
options? We can control the client, requiring MSIE 5.01 at least. We
do not want to configure each client beyond requiring a minimum version.
We will be going to SSL on the server eventually.

I do not want to leave Basic authentication in a production environment.
Thanks for any suggestions.

*** Sent via Developersdex ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

Relevant Pages

  • San Diego .NET Developer Group Meeting (FEB 6th 2007)
    ... Using Forms Authentication with SharePoint 2007: ... and control access to your site ... Automating Builds with MSBuild and Team Foundation Server: ...
  • Re: Access Control problems
    ... You need to configure 2 things for access control ... after authentication, ... the ntfs permission of files / folder. ... Configure IIS 5.0 Web Site Authentication in Windows 2000 ...
  • Re: Composite Control need write permisson
    ... If a control needs write access, then the permissions on the directory ... or has a process in place that let's you request particular ... Integrated Windows Authentication may cause some ...
  • Re: VB code to check POP3 account
    ... >> the POP3 server uses one of the alternative authentication methods. ... While easier & providing a control I could use for other ... >> know at least Pro had the winsock control available. ...
  • Re: Forms Authentication without Login Page
    ... Thanks Brad! ... the authentication seems to be delayed by one page view: ... hit Login in my login control. ... and my login control calls ...