server extension problems

From: Emma (Mou-yj@cs.sjtu.edu.cn)
Date: 01/06/03

From: "Emma" <Mou-yj@cs.sjtu.edu.cn>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 19:06:30 -0800

Hello!
I am using windows 2000 server Sp3, and has just installed
the latest Sp for IIS. I created my virtual directory in
Exchange server 2000 (SP2),and tried to config the Server
extension for the virtual directory in IIS MMC. Here is
the message in the event log:

event type: warning
source: FrontPage 4.0
ID: 1000
date: 2003-1-4
time: 19:18:44
user: N/A
computer: CIT_120
discription:
Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions:
   error #e002e message: can not config the access
authority to directory M:\cit120\FPApps .

type: warning
source: FrontPage 4.0
ID: 1000
date: 2003-1-4
time: 19:18:44
user: N/A
computer: CIT_120
discription:
Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions:
      (OS error #5 message: access denied&#12290;)

I re-computed the server extension for the virtual
directory in IIS MMC, but it still says that there was
access problems unable to solve.
When I tried to creat a sub web-site in the virtual
directory, a message windows appered asking for a user
account and password,which has the control right to port
80 of my computer. I tried some accounts, but none of them
apperes useful.
I don't know if there is any realtionship with IIS,
anybody willing to help me will be greatly appreciated.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Nokia E50 ActiveSync problem with SBS2003 SP2
    ... Open IIS Manager ... Open properties of virtual directory OMA ... Click Start on your SBS server, ... And then please verify Authentication settings by the following steps. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Exchange OMA issue
    ... enabled on the server, we do have two connections available, it seemed ... For Exchange-oma virtual directory and the virtual directory you created ... Open IIS Manager ... Exchange Server 2003 SP2 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: OWA Problems - continued
    ... For the steps to create a new virtual directory please follow ... web site in IIS. ... will find the new web sites in "web sites" folder. ... Install Imported Certificates on a Web Server in Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS2k3 and activesync over the air
    ... Do you have ISA server in your structure? ... the Exchweb virtual directory. ... Open IIS from the Server Management ... Check the same settings on the Exchange Virtual Directory and make sure ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: REDIR.ASP file in use - access denied when installing Exchange 2003 SP1
    ... Web Server Certificate. ... I have checked the Screen shot of the IIS MMC, ... don't need to create the Virtual Directory "ExchDav" in IIS, ... >'Premium' screens are absent in some way... ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)