video wont play after anonymous access enabled in IIS

From: junbin (lin_jb@yahoo.com)
Date: 12/26/02

From: "junbin" <lin_jb@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 09:06:16 -0800

I used IIS in W2k pro as my web server. I stored some
Media player format video files in a directory that I want
only authorized user to access. I setup a user list and
password in windows, to whom I grant access to logo on my
machine as guesses. And in IIS, I changed the security
propriety of the video directory, unchecked the "anonymous
access" and checked "integrated windows authentication".

The video file played OK with anonymous access. After
the security was enforced, the system do asked for
user name and password, the video index page do show up if
the user name and password is correct, the problem is that
the video wont play when I click the media file link,
which point to a *.wmv file. The error message in the
media player is "Cannot open. Please verify that the path
and filename are correct and try again."

Any idea?

Thanks,
Junbin

Relevant Pages

  • video wont play after anonymous access enabled in IIS
    ... Also good for improving security as well as ... >I used IIS in W2k pro as my web server. ... >Media player format video files in a directory that I ...
  • Video file playback probs w/ MCE 2k5
    ... I just installed MCE 2k5 and I can play video files using Media Player, ... video files, I get another error message- "files needed to play video are ... all these files play perfectly with Media Player 10... ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • video wont play after anonymous access enabled in IIS
    ... Media player format video files in a directory that I want ... of the video directory, unchecked the "anonymous access" ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Whats important for video playback?
    ... The first generation PureVideo GPUs (GeForce 6 series) spanned a wide ... but the size of the video card's ... However, when I play the same file using MediaPlayer Classic, the file ... Most of the movie and TV video files I've been downloading over the past ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)