Re: .Net web service won't run (and /me is almost crying...)

From: David Wang [MS] (someone@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/20/02

From: "David Wang [MS]" <someone@online.microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:01:05 -0800

Can you check what happens if you turn off integrated Windows auth on the
vdir (so that it's just anonymous) and see if you can still access an HTM
and ASMX page on the server?

You're saying that everything works when you're local on the machine but
does not when you're remote to the server, right?

--
//David
//
"Sander Verhagen" <Verhagen@nospam.Sander.com> wrote in message
Hi! Apparently it indeed is pretty much "out of sync".
I tried entering the IUSR password again in both Local Users and Groups and
"IIS \ Default Web Site \ Properties \ Dir. Sec. \ Edit \ Anonymous access \
Edit".
I've also given ASPNET and IUSR full access to the particular directory.
It still doesn't work. Is there more I can do?
I want to say again that I'm only getting an access denied on the asmx, not
on a html that I put in the directory. Is that an indication?
"David Wang [MS]" <someone@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Maybe your IUSR (Anonymous user) account's password is out of sync between
> IIS and Windows.  You can verify this if you turn-off integrated
> Windows-auth (so it's just Anonymous) and see if you can still access it
> with IE on the server itself.  If you can't access it... then the IUSR
> account is likely out-of-sync.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: .Net web service wont run (and /me is almost crying...)
    ... What version of IIS are you running? ... The server on which you experience ... running a Windows .Net 2003 RC1 server, ... > I've also given ASPNET and IUSR full access to the particular directory. ...
  • Re: .Net web service wont run (and /me is almost crying...)
    ... machine and put the server on there... ... > Can you check what happens if you turn off integrated Windows auth on the ... > I tried entering the IUSR password again in both Local Users and Groups ... > I've also given ASPNET and IUSR full access to the particular directory. ...
  • Re: .Net web service wont run (and /me is almost crying...)
    ... Maybe your IUSR account's password is out of sync between ... IIS and Windows. ...
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #154
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... ISS RealSecure Server Sensor SSL Denial Of Service Vulnerabi... ... Roger Wilco Remote Server Side Buffer Overrun Vulnerability ... available for Microsoft Windows operating systems. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #49
    ... Subject: SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #49 ... Microsoft Windows NNTP Denial of Service Vulnerability ... Microsoft IIS SSI Buffer Overrun Privelege Elevation Vulnerability ... Microsoft ISA Server H.323 Memory Leak Denial of Service... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)