Re: Secured and unsecured access

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (levinson_k@excite.com)
Date: 11/15/02

From: "Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <levinson_k@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:29:18 -0500

"davidmarq" <davidmarq@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:280501c28ce1$8e741e20$8af82ecf@TK2MSFTNGXA03...
> I have a web site
>
> it is on a secure site but if i type
>
> http://sitename.com
>
> it cose to the site but not on the secured site.
>
> i tried to do a redirect but it doesn't seem to work right
> now i have the port set to 8080 so that they just get an
> error is there a way that if the user simply types
> sitename.com it add the https:// and not the default
> http://

Check out www.iisfaq.com

You can set up a separate web site on port 80 that only has one document: an
.HTM page that redirects users to https://sitename.com There are a number
of ways to redirect users, often involving key words such as meta / onload /
redirect

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Secured and unsecured access
    ... >> it is on a secure site but if i type ... >> now i have the port set to 8080 so that they just get an ... >of ways to redirect users, ...
  • How to fight censors in Thailand (Technical data)
    ... forward to say that the YouTube block was not unique - that strange ... Their web site was suddenly responding slowly and some users ... In other words, the "server" that http://www.youtube.com ... that the same HTTP 301 redirect was happening, ...
    (soc.culture.thai)
  • RE: HTTPS automatic redirection
    ... but there's no redirection to https. ... Don't want to do a static redirect, ... client will be ... >automatically redirected to the HTTPS Web site. ...
  • Access Denied On Web Site
    ... custom error with reference to a web page that redirects to the secure site. ... the redirect stopped working. ... The http to https redirect process we use we use works on all our other web ... servers (and they're at the same patch level as the problem server), ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)