am I in the right place pptp connection

From: Maggie Tyner (maggieat30189@yahoo.com)
Date: 11/15/02

From: "Maggie Tyner" <maggieat30189@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:01:36 -0800

I have a cable modem. pptp does not work with 98 sp2.
Does anyone know what the settings should be to allow a
cable connect (will allow dial-up and DSL)?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cable modem help
    ... >DHCP Settings: Hostname is empty and Automatically obtain DNS is unchecked and Hardware is bound to the proper MAC address ... Some of the cable modems are set up to hold only 1 MAC address. ... If your cable modem works in on your Win98 box, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Comcast and MAC addresses?
    ... cable modem loose all it's settings, power up with new nic. ... I'm guessing they store this setting back at a head end or maybe back at an op center and poll the modems every so often and don't forget all stored MAC settings unless this poll notices the modem is off. ...
    (comp.dcom.modems.cable)
  • Cable modem help
    ... Recently I attached a cable modem to the m/c and set it up as below: ... Automatically obtain IP address settings with dhcp DHCP Settings: Hostname is empty and Automatically obtain DNS is unchecked and Hardware is bound to the proper MAC address ... When I try to activate the eth1 interface it fails. ... Interrupt:11 Base address:0xc400 << The same cable connection on Win98 works without any hitches and I get connected>> ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Netgear WNR845B Failure and Simultaneous PPPOE Failure??
    ... connection. ... Call your internet provider and have them run you through the ... procedure to attach a computer to the cable modem. ... I suspect the PPOE settings or Ethernet settings are ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: NetBSD DHCP Setup help
    ... > I have tried with these settings and it still won't work. ... as follows (unrelated parameter settings deleted): ... # nameserver 192.168.1.1 ... used it connected directly to a Cable Modem. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc)