Re: IIS specific IPs and urlscan

From: Wayne MJ (wayne_m_j@hotmail.com)
Date: 11/14/02

From: "Wayne MJ" <wayne_m_j@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:25:14 +1000

"David Wang [MS]" <someone@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:OOm0pJ8iCHA.2328@tkmsftngp12...
> It is not possible with URLScan.
>
> You can set IPRestriction on IIS to achieve the same thing, though.

What I meant by "ignore" was when a certain subnet connects to the website, it will not get parsed
by the urlscan.

For example 192.168.200.0/32 has unrestricted access, but everything else is processed via urlscan.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ASP.NET 2.0 maximum URL length?
    ... explicitly installed on my IIS7/Vista system? ... URLScan - an add-on tool I have not installed. ... It's a recommended install for IIS 4.0 and 5.0, ...
  • Re: Restrict by UserAgent
    ... Performance concerns for the Apache solution is real because in that case, ... I would not automatically assume that the same caveat affects IIS ... > Well, after going through the available documentation on URLScan 2.5, it ... Apache cannot do this without using a custom module which happens to ...
  • Re: URLscan problem
    ... I did indeed restart the IIS server after ... I took a look at the URLscan log files and found my ... >URLscan seems to be causing a problem with public folder ...
  • RE: IIS 5 Log FIle Question
    ... IIS 5 Log FIle Question ... Below is a snippet from the logs. ... Does the fact the it says <Rejected by urlscan> imply ... This E-mail and its attachments have been scanned for viruses before delivery. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: UrlScan vs. IISShield
    ... IISShield provides a more solid prespective on what to protect and how to ... Regarding IISShield usage in IIS 6.0 in a more technical prespective, ... SF_NOTIFY_READ_RAW_DATA notification. ... UrlScan works in IIS6 in WPIM. ...
    (Security-Basics)