Moving command.com out of system32 directory

From: Royce Dunbar (royce.dunbar@wellsfargo.com)
Date: 11/12/02

From: "Royce Dunbar" <royce.dunbar@wellsfargo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:35:46 -0800

What is the rationale for moving the dos command shell out
of the winnt\system32 directory? I had a collegue do this
on a production server and have not been able to find any
publications that recommend this.

Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Web part dev with VS 2005 beta
    ... In practice, ... there were issues moving from 1.0 to 1.1, so I'd assume there will be issues ... it is a bad idea to install beta software on a production server. ... > version compatability issues that may arise, ...
  • COM in GAC
    ... I'm moving it to a production ... server, but when I execute the code from the production server, I get an ... that details how to install a COM component into the GAC? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Migrating SPS from development to production server
    ... I want to migrate a sharepoint portal from a development server to a ... production server (this is a one box deal so I will also be moving the ... Can anyone tell me the easyest ...
    (microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver.development)