Remote Desktop Web Connection

From: Frederick C. Gibson, Architect (Frederick@gibson-design.com)
Date: 11/12/02

From: "Frederick C. Gibson, Architect" <Frederick@gibson-design.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:33:32 -0800

I'm trying to use a web connection to get to a remote desktop on my network.
When I'm connected to the network directly, remote desktop works fine (not
using the web). If I try to call in or to simpy use Iexplorer to get into
the server, I get the remote desktop web connection log-in screen, specifiy
the server, then get a blank web page. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Fred Gibson, Architect

Frederick@gibson-design.com Architecture Designed Objectively
==================================-----------||||||||||||||||||||||
Frederick Clifford Gibson Architect & Associates

     679 Harrison Street
     San Francisco, CA 94107
     415.227.1684 |tel| 415.227.1685 |fax|

     (c)2002 http://www.gibson-design.com

     ART: Temple of Triumph *Building* Project
           http://www.art-21.org/Temple
     EASG: Epistemology-Aesthetics Study Group
           http://www.gibson-design.com/philosophy

Relevant Pages

  • About the web connection for remote desktop
    ... I have installed the web connection for remote desktop, ... connections using special ports from the LAN of that company. ... There are a way to control my server witch terminal server or another tool ...
  • Re: Access - IIS - Remote Desktop Web Connection???
    ... Wenn Du den Port im Firewall nicht freischalten kannst und nicht über VPN eine Session mit dem Server aufbauen kannst, ... Desweiteren beinhaltet "Remote Desktop Web Connection" IMHO nur ein ActiveX-Steuerelemet. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.access)
  • Re: Remote Assistance - Helper can only view screen.
    ... Note that Remote Desktop Web Connection is an adjunct to Remote Desktop. ... Where do I find the Internet Services Manager? ... Helper obtained access OK but can only view screen. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: WINS SERVER in XP-pro
    ... Remote desktop requires port 3389 open. ... > server address field in the advanced tcp/ip settings? ... > am trying to set up remote desktop web connection. ...
  • RE: modified default.htm for remote desktop web connection
    ... Terminal Server has a whole chapter on this, and it shows how to do what ... When I connect via Remote Desktop Connection ... > modify it so that Web Connection does that too? ... >> Patrick Rouse ...