Re: Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions

From: Ken Schaefer (kenRMV@THISadOpenStatic.com)
Date: 10/31/02

From: "Ken Schaefer" <kenRMV@THISadOpenStatic.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:03:45 +1100

Download Filemon from http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/utilities.shtml ,
and have it running when you hit your ASP page. It'll tell you which file(s)
you need to adjust the permissions on.

Cheers
Ken

"Martijn Coppoolse" <msnewsgroups@martijn.coppoolse.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running IIS 5 on Win 2000 Server.  I'm running several Web sites off
> it, which until yesterday were running smoothly.
>
> Last weekend, I set it up to run aspx pages as well as asp pages, and
> yesterday I installed the Oracle 9i Release 2 database.
>
> And today, none of my web sites work anymore!  They all give me the same
> error:
>    Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005'
>    Server.CreateObject Access Error
>    /archives/include/database.asp, line 5
>    The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions.
>      Access is denied to this object.
>
> And the breaking line is always:
>    Set cnn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
>
> It's a permission issue, but where is the exact problem?  And how can I
> remedy it?
>
> Thanks for all suggestions,
>
> Martijn <@> Coppoolse <.com>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: FolderExists and UNC path
    ... Traditionally ASP uses the IUSR_account so try mapping a drive using that username and password or assigning permissions to that account or changing to a different one if you don't know or can't change the password. ... When I ran this command from the server logged with my user it ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • RE: Running vbs from WSH in ASP page
    ... I see a whole bunch of problems with the code sample you show (using wscript ... mapping, permissions, etc.) and I'm not the least bit proficient in ASP. ... > When I run the vbs from the command line all is well. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.wsh)
  • Re: Access97 DB locks up the asp code at times
    ... of these users created the query off the asp and that's the problem. ... but I could never see the employee.ldb on the folder ... I'll chat with our IT group about setting the proper permissions. ... All database users, including the IUSR_MachineName account, need ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
  • Re: EFS and IIS
    ... > NTFS permissions should be as secure as EFS for this purpose, ... > Neither NTFS nor EFS necessarily protect against remote attacks such as ... > permissions, if System is required to have permissions to those files. ... > as showcode.asp, save your include files as .ASP instead of .INC, etc. ...
  • AW: ASP Dot Net Security Guidelines
    ... Betreff: Re: ASP Dot Net Security Guidelines ... Basically you'll treat an asp.net application server as you would an asp ... > to set the permissions as it brings up access denied errors on the ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)