IIS Web Admin - Invalid UserName/Password Or IIS Web Admin - UserName/Password Validation Failed

From: Mythran (kip_potter@hotmail.com)
Date: 10/31/02

From: "Mythran" <kip_potter@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 23:40:05 GMT

On our development machine, that we just reformatted/reinstalled Windows 2000
Advanced Server...

Remember, this is a fresh install of everything...

I go into IIS, point the Default Site to our D:\ drive (D:\inetpub\wwwroot) which
is a hd attached to the machine...and all is well...the list of all our sites are

Now to create the applications for each site...

I right click on one of the folders listed under Default Website and click

Then I click Create Application....all is good...

Now, if I try to modify any other setting and click Apply, I get the error
described in this post's subject....I believe there may be a username/password
issue setting somewhere (the error gave me that hint), but I don't understand.
We set EVERYTHING (as a test) to run as ADMINISTRATOR. This machine is a domain
controller and therefore doesn't have any local administrator account...only
domain admin. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Changing Domain Broke IIS!
    ... I have just found that when I go and stop IIS on the ... development machine then restart it, it then works - obviously quicker than ... Thanks, Carl ... > insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. ...
  • Re: Having great problem with an C# application
    ... We have now a local IIS on our development computer. ... What I am telling you is that you running that application in the VS IDE using VS's file based Web server/application server is NOT the same thing as taking that project from the start, using an ASP.NET project type and setting that project up to run directly against IIS on a development machine. ... the Web server file based solution should have been converted to run against IIS on the development machine. ...
  • Re: import .cab Analysis Services DB on website
    ... generated but empty. ... Sorry to say that we are back to the error, even on the IIS 6 machine. ... only worked on the development machine. ... Does the NETWORK SERVICE account need more rights than being in the ...
  • Re: Web App creation
    ... install xp pro and IIS on your development machine - then try again ... > I'm having trouble trying to create a new Web Application in Visual ... > Server ...
  • WebForm_SaveScrollPositionSubmit is undefined
    ... localhost on my development machine. ... to an IIS 6.0 web server, the user gets an error message at the bottom of ... I have no clue as the how to troubleshoot automatically ...