IIS Web Admin - Invalid UserName/Password Or IIS Web Admin - UserName/Password Validation Failed

From: Mythran (kip_potter@hotmail.com)
Date: 10/31/02

From: "Mythran" <kip_potter@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 23:40:05 GMT

On our development machine, that we just reformatted/reinstalled Windows 2000
Advanced Server...

Remember, this is a fresh install of everything...

I go into IIS, point the Default Site to our D:\ drive (D:\inetpub\wwwroot) which
is a hd attached to the machine...and all is well...the list of all our sites are
listed..

Now to create the applications for each site...

I right click on one of the folders listed under Default Website and click
properties....

Then I click Create Application....all is good...

Now, if I try to modify any other setting and click Apply, I get the error
described in this post's subject....I believe there may be a username/password
issue setting somewhere (the error gave me that hint), but I don't understand.
We set EVERYTHING (as a test) to run as ADMINISTRATOR. This machine is a domain
controller and therefore doesn't have any local administrator account...only
domain admin. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Mythran