Re: SSL port 443 in use can not change ?

From: Brjann Brekkan (bbrekkan@hotmail.com)
Date: 10/30/02

From: "Brjann Brekkan" <bbrekkan@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:36:06 +0100

Glad to help. Just be sure you remember that this change has been done.

Brjann Brekkan
Cornerstone Sweden AB
"Arnold Gordijn" <agordijn@xperteam.nl> wrote in message
Yes!, this works for me !
I changed the :443: value and it works right away!

Thanks for this answer.

Arnold
try changing the
>portnumber for securebinding in the metabase
>Use for example Metaedit, open from the top:
>LM-W3SVC-1 and then open up SecureBindings and change
the number.

>Restart IIS with iisreset
>
>Brjann Brekkan
>"Arnold Gordijn" <arnold.gordijn@xperteam.nl> wrote in
message
>Thats the problem!,
>While not using SSL and not being able to change the port
>IIS 4 and 5 still use port 443!!
>So, u surgest to install a certificate to be able to
>change it.
>Where can I get a dummy certificate just to enable the
>stuff and then change the port.
>
>Arnold.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Win Mobile 5 + SBS 2003 SP1 + Exchange SP1 Connection woes
    ... The problem is the same with or without SSL ticked. ... So the certificate copied over just fine and has been installed on both ... The directions for install state that I can use the cert from the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Win Mobile 5 + SBS 2003 SP1 + Exchange SP1 Connection woes
    ... Also You do have use ssl ticked? ... Options, Server Settings, Connection and check the box "This server uses an ... So the certificate copied over just fine and has been installed on both ... The directions for install state that I can use the cert from the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Require SSL certificate
    ... This will be true if running under SSL. ... Once a web cert is associated with a site, it doesn't need to be installed ... > I have a website and a security certificate, i install the security> certificate for the site. ...
  • Re: SSL Certificates from GoDaddy - what to backup?
    ... url for A record and SSL ... Remote and my Citrix server also because the alias is tied to my ... an SSL certificate from RapidSSL to allow me to use OWA without ... On the new system I couldn't install it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Switching from http to https
    ... the default website with SSL not enabled (using port 443) in the IIS. ... a certificate to the program. ...