Problem installing

From: Pei (pei@thinkingsystems.net)
Date: 10/30/02

From: "Pei" <pei@thinkingsystems.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 07:25:08 -0800

Why do I get an error message "Selected certificate was
already installed to another server" when I am just about
to install for the first time?

The situation is when I finally downloaded my certificate
from the localhost/CertServ and was about to install onto
my web site using IIS, the wizard gave the above warning.
Am I missing something?

Question 2. I know you can only have one certificate for
one website. But can you get a new certificate by denying
the old one (not expired yet)?

Could somebody help me. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: New Event Log Errors!
    ... Somehow along those lines I'd also installed the Certificate Authority ... Did you apply the last Server Pack for SBS Server? ... Please install Windows Support Tools on the win2k3 sp1 problematic ... Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Adding EXCH2007 SP1 box to existing EXCH2003 SP2 Org
    ... Certificates - going to be using a SAN Certificate like I have many times before. ... We are making this a virtual server (someone is going on-site on Thursday to install VMWare (which will kill everything on this box) and WIN2008 Server SP1 x64 and then I will install EXCH2007 SP1. ... as mentioned - ISA was not involved in any of those eight environments.... ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Terminal Services over a VPN
    ... Create a certificate request and submit it to godaddy in order to obtain a public cert. ... You can use the wizard in IIS Manager for this by creating a new website that matches the above name (on your TS server), right-click and choose properties, directory security tab, server certificate button. ... After the install you can stop or delete the website created above since you don't need it for anything. ...
  • Re: Outlook RPC over HTTp deosnt work
    ... Go to remote web workplace (or Outlook Web Access), accept the certificate prompt, 'view', and 'install' the certificate - accepting all the defaults. ... > when you try to use RPC over HTTP to connect the Exchange Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: windows mobile 6
    ... I installed a GoDaddy certificate on the sbs server with no problem. ... The problem is that the certificate is a .crt file and my WM6 device doesnt recognise this file extention. ... The question is how do i install the certificate. ... When a computer uses RWW it downloads the certificate automatically from the server, why doesnt WM6 do the same? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)