DMZ and forms

From: JVanmeer (
Date: 10/29/02

From: "JVanmeer" <>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:51:39 -0800

I assume you are using TCP/IP for your communication
inside your DMZ. Use a IPX connection to your database
box. You may have to intsal an additional network card on
both machines to run the other protocol but I believe one
card can support both. The IPX should be able to go cross
networks on two different subnets without other dmz
machines seeing the database.

Relevant Pages

  • AW: Firewall DMZ
    ... I suggest to place the database also in the DMZ, ... Place all public information in a DMZ and the private in the LAN. ... Now to your Mail Server. ... > some reason they needed to talk to the main network) in a separate ...
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Flat vs Segmented DMZs
    ... > segmented off to 4-5 different DMZ interfaces on a CP firewall. ... A fairly standard web app has multiple layers: the front-end web server, ... some middleware, perhaps some AAA software, and a database. ...
  • Re: DMZ design
    ... >web-server will access a database hosted on the private network. ... >DMZ design are suggested: ... the firewall for Web->DB connectivity. ... DMZ related access only. ...
  • Re: Help with DMZ
    ... Your DMZ hostshould have the External PIX as its gateway. ... Internal PIX for the IP address of the SQL database. ... keep in mind that you should restrict webserver -> database ...
  • RE: Firewall DMZ
    ... database server on its own network section. ... web server, and another to the internal net. ... Subject: Firewall DMZ ...