Re: SSL port 443 in use can not change ?

From: Arnold Gordijn (agordijn@xperteam.nl)
Date: 10/29/02

From: "Arnold Gordijn" <agordijn@xperteam.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:08:12 -0800

Yes!, this works for me !
I changed the :443: value and it works right away!

Thanks for this answer.

Arnold
try changing the
>portnumber for securebinding in the metabase
>Use for example Metaedit, open from the top:
>LM-W3SVC-1 and then open up SecureBindings and change
the number.

>Restart IIS with iisreset
>
>Brjann Brekkan
>"Arnold Gordijn" <arnold.gordijn@xperteam.nl> wrote in
message
>Thats the problem!,
>While not using SSL and not being able to change the port
>IIS 4 and 5 still use port 443!!
>So, u surgest to install a certificate to be able to
>change it.
>Where can I get a dummy certificate just to enable the
>stuff and then change the port.
>
>Arnold.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SSL port 443 in use can not change ?
    ... >While not using SSL and not being able to change the port ... u surgest to install a certificate to be able to ... >Where can I get a dummy certificate just to enable the ...
  • Re: SharePoint 3.0: problems with external access
    ... Is Certificate Services installed on your server? ... Click on 'Create a new certificate', select the option 'Send the request immediately....', under name give a name for the certificate, give the name of your organization, and organization unit, under common name, type the public name of the domain, provide the location, then the port, and under certification authority, you should select the certification authority of your domain. ... Process the pending request and install certificate ... Since the WSS site is functional internally, go to IIS Manager, right click on the site, select 'Directory Security', click 'Server Certificate' and create a new server certificate. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Binding to AD using LDAP over SSL
    ... to enable SLDAP on a DC,, you need to install a Computer certificate, ... And that mean at least the DC is listening on "port 636" ... You can further validate that port 636 or secure LDAP has been enabled by ... Softerra LDAP browser requires you to install a certificate using ...
  • Re: Binding to AD using LDAP over SSL
    ... You can either install the certificate ... CA that the UNIX stations subscribe to. ... > on port 636 and LDP.exe wouldn't have been able to bind to the DCs. ...
  • Is FreeBSD ready for desktop (Mozilla Flash)
    ... monitor,, somehow the install fails to detect ... "Macromedia Flash plugin is not available for FreeBSD. ... I quote again "Install the www/linuxpluginwrapper port. ... servers, ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)