RE: SSL port 443 in use can not change ?

From: Stefan Schachner[MS] (
Date: 10/29/02

From: (Stefan Schachner[MS])
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 04:59:05 GMT

Is there a certificate installed anywhere on the server ? If not you
installe certificate server and create your own certificates...
Q288897 HOWTO: Set Up Test Certificates for SSL/TLS App. Development;EN-US;Q288897

Q290625 HOWTO: Configure SSL in a Windows 2000 IIS 5.0 Test Environment;EN-US;Q290625

Q228984 Using Certificate Server 2.0 to Generate a Server Certificate;EN-US;Q228984

Q299875 HOW TO: Implement SSL on a Windows 2000 IIS 5.0 Computer;EN-US;Q299875

Q228991 How to Create and Install an SSL Certificate in IIS 4.0;EN-US;Q228991

Here is some documentation that will assist you creating a certificate..
Let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you ..

Stefan B. Schachner MCSE MCP MCP +I
IIS Newsgroup Support

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is our online account
name for newsgroup participation only.

If you would like to open a support incident with Microsoft, call

You assume all risk for your use. 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights

Relevant Pages

  • Re: New Install/New problems with CRLs...
    ... authentication) works with various configurations of IIS, ... Directory, and Certificate Server. ... When Active Directory is NOT involved (e.g., IIS on a non-domain machine ... >> Certificate Server is configured as a Standalone CA. ...
  • RE: Certificate Server Settings
    ... Certificate Server is to process certificate requests and issue ... in IIS4 or Integrated Windows authentication in IIS5. ... and IIS will give ...
  • RE: https connection
    ... A web server can install a Certificate from a Certificate Server. ... Implement SSL on a Windows 2000 IIS 5.0 Computer ...
  • RE: Certificate Cerver
    ... The only thing that I understand from the question is that you have installed certificate server on a machine in a domain. ... | pops certificate installation and no matter wich folder i put it in it pops ... What does the certificate installation pop up say? ...
  • Re: How do I configure SSL in the Intranet unless solicity certify
    ... Using Certificate Server 2.0 to Generate a Server Certificate for Use with ... Configure SSL in a Windows 2000 IIS 5.0 Test Environment by Using ... >>server cert [recommended because this cert will be> trusted by most all ...