A newbie question

From: Danny (dannyniceOnlyWithWhoWillRespectMe@hotmail.com)
Date: 10/28/02

From: "Danny" <dannyniceOnlyWithWhoWillRespectMe@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:39:01 +0100

Hi,

i just built my Internet Information Server 5,
on a Windows 2000 Server computer.

When a user type http://mydomain.com , he can
see the homepage default.htm .

Now, my question is :

If i would like to create a folder on my server, accessible
only to a certain users, what can i do to show them a
web page like "Please insert here your username and password" ... ?

And then, when they type username and password, they click "Ok"
and the data should be sent to my server in "crypted mode", i mean
i would like that they can't be read from sniffers etc etc.

How to do that ?

I know that it sound as a dumb question, if you have any link to
suggest me where i can read docs about that i will be thankful :-)

Danny

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Client side insert update
    ... I am coding windows application with c#.When I run my code in database ... server computer all is fine.I can see data, ... update what can I do about this problem .I use sql server 2000 ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Re: Client side insert update
    ... I am coding windows application with c#.When I run my code in database ... server computer all is fine.I can see data, ... update what can I do about this problem .I use sql server 2000 ... When the application runs on the server, are you connecting to the ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Multiple Companies
    ... I have a Windows 2000 Server computer from which I need to host an ... At the moment we supply a dedicated Windows 2000 Server machine for each ... but it would be much better if we could host ...
  • RE: SBS2003 & Server 2K
    ... A 2000 server can be a member server in the domain. ... Windows Small Business Server allows you to add additional servers to your ... From a server computer connected to the Windows Small Business ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Moving CA to another server
    ... I have a Enterprise Root CA on Windows 2000 based Domain Controller. ... I need to move CA to a dedicated Windows 2003 based server. ... functionality to a different server computer. ...