IIS Banner Change?

From: Keith (Keith.Howells@bms.com)
Date: 10/26/02

From: "Keith" <Keith.Howells@bms.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 22:35:32 -0700

I'd like to know if there is a way to change the banner
information. I don't want to divuldge any information if
possible. We have scanned ourselves with Nessus and it
tells what version of IIS your running, FTP version, SMTP
version, etc. Anyone know of a way to tweak this?

Thanks,
Keith

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Change SBS 2003 Exchange 2003 logon banner
    ... Changing the SMTP Banner ... Role: Exchange Administrator ... By default, when connecting to the SMTP service on an Exchange server, the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: IIS Banner Change?
    ... Check out the following site they have a tool for FTP, HTTP and SMTP ... > I am not sure if you can adjust the FTP Server's banner ... > Chris Crowe [IIS MVP] ...
  • RE: SBS2000 SMTP Banner Version Check
    ... Various reasons why you may not see an Exchange banner... ... SMTP relay on or in front of your SBServer, ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: IIS Banner Change?
    ... > I'd like to know if there is a way to change the banner ... I don't want to divuldge any information if ... servers leak information about what software and windows version they're ... to your server and tell your windows version from the response. ...
  • Re: Change Banner
    ... Any idea where I would go to find the IIS SMTP service controll? ... I don't see SMTP virtual server in IIS ... >>no change to banner when telnet to port 25 still has internal host name ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)