RE: XP PRO SP1 hangs when requesting certificate

From: Josh Egli (joshe@mobileweather.com)
Date: 10/21/02

From: "Josh Egli" <joshe@mobileweather.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 05:42:08 -0700

Thanks for the feedback. I already have that hotfix
applied on the 2000 server and it cannot be applied on
the XP pro client since SP1 is already installed. It
won't let me install the hotfix since SP1 supposedly
already includes it. Not sure where to go from here.

Josh

the client. At
>that point, I applied the following hotfix on both the
cert server and the
>client and that did the trick:
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-
US;Q323172

>I hope this helps you out!
>
>Regards,
>Yan Liu
confers no rights.

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Have you had good results with Trend Micro support?
    ... "Our developers have checked the issue and has a hotfix for the said ... It worked on my server. ... would (the new 8.5 engine was installed on all servers and clients). ... server client, MSA and security server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DCOM access denied error on Windows 2003 server SP1
    ... >running on Windows 2003 server with SP1 installed. ... > the client to the server. ... > in order to relax the security added in SP1 we have changed the following ...
  • Re: problems with logging on
    ... it was declared that the hotfix ... dispatched 323466 and also using the registry change to ensure the 98 ... workstations will use NTLMv2 for authenticating to the server. ... > I have installed the new active directory client for 98. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: TS hangs on 2k3
    ... occurs do not have any problems and can still work on the server through the ... I will install it ... > will since SP1 is a requirement of SBS SP1. ... >>> the file version of Rdpdr.sys is LOWER in SP1 then in the hotfix. ...
  • Re: DCOM access denied error on Windows 2003 server SP1
    ... on Windows 2003 server with SP1 installed. ... SP1 cause an "access denied" error when connecting the client to the server. ... It may be of some note that the server components issue events to the ...
    (microsoft.public.security)