From: David Wang [MS] (
Date: 10/17/02

From: "David Wang [MS]" <>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:43:54 -0700

How did you get the Server Certificate?

Also, what settings do you have in the "Secure communications" dialog box -
I presume you have "Require secure channel" since 403.4 was returned, but
did you also enable client cert mapping or cert trust list?

"Doug" <> wrote in message
I've set up SSL on my Win2K/IIS 5.0 server without using a
CA.  When I access the site, that is configured to use
SSL, without the "HTTPS" prefix I receive the following
error message:
HTTP 403.4 - Forbidden: SSL required
Internet Information Services
This is good, except when I add the "HTTPS", the browser
continues to load, for an indefinite amount of time, but
nothing happens.  (no error message, no page content, etc.)
Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Whats in the "box" when you buy BizTalk
    ... BizTalk will handle HTTPS (SSL) with no problems both for receive and send sides out of the box. ... For receiving messages, though, you'll still need to acquire a server certificate for your server. ...
  • Re: SSL and OWA
    ... relate to SSL in there. ... Handshake: 108 bytes sent ... Verifying server certificate, ... HTTPS: 72 bytes of encrypted data sent ...
  • RE: Project Server 2002 and SSL Login
    ... First verify if SSL is properly configured. ... web site properties, in Web Site tab the field, SSL Port, should be ... Click Edit of Secure Communications to specify if a secure channel, ... Q321599 Heap Overrun in HTR Chunked Encoding Could Enable Web Server ...
  • Re: Getting the "Lock" to display for my secure pages
    ... I have a folder structure below that is where I want my SSL to be applied. ... tab, pressed the "edit" button under secure communications, and finally ...
  • RE: SSL Certificate Check
    ... ASP.NET web application which is protected by SSL in IIS. ... Server Certificate, yes? ... As for this question, based on my research, when using WebClient (or ... validation process for the Server Certificate if automatically done by the ...