Re: Front Page Extensions and .NET

From: Tom Pepper Willett (tompepper@mvps.org)
Date: 10/13/02

From: "Tom Pepper Willett" <tompepper@mvps.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 19:33:07 -0500

"It seems to me that all I hear about FPSE is that it is evil and insecure"

And, what *specifically* can you document as to the evil and insecurity?

--
-----
Tom Pepper Willett
"Martin Blackstone [MVP]" <martinb@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
: "Martin Blackstone [MVP]" <martinb@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
: > What are your guys thoughts on FPSE? My developers are screaming that
they
: > HAVE TO HAVE IT for their .NET development. It seems to me that all I
hear
: > about FPSE is that it is evil and insecure. Also, do you have to have
FPSE
: > to do .NET Web Applications. There seems to be some disagreement here. I
: > cant believe that MS would make this a requirement for doing this stuff.
: Why
: > cant you just FTP it up like usual with ASP?
: > BTW, IIS5, .NET Framework
: >
: > I need some input on this.
: >
: > Thanks
: >
: > --
: > Martin Blackstone
: > Exchange MVP
: > Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
: >
: >
: >
: >
:
:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Front Page Extensions and .NET
    ... I dont have anything to document it Tom, other than what others have told ... Perhaps also offer me some advise or links on securing FPSE? ... what *specifically* can you document as to the evil and insecurity? ...
  • Re: Front Page Extensions and .NET
    ... of an admin who doesn't know how to properly configure extensions. ... Perhaps also offer me some advise or links on securing FPSE? ... what *specifically* can you document as to the evil and insecurity? ...
  • Re: Poker Players Alliance address leaked to spammers
    ... the PPA should be considered either evil or ... insecure. ... Oh my god patricia. ... you have so much to offer and you care ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)