Remote Certificate Server Management

From: Bryce Thornton (brycethornton@hotmail.com)
Date: 10/08/02

From: brycethornton@hotmail.com (Bryce Thornton)
Date: 8 Oct 2002 13:34:32 -0700

I've been trying to figure out how to remotely manage our Microsoft
Certificate Server running on Windows 2000 Server. I just found a
Microsoft Knowledge Base article that explains what needs to be done
to use the certificate snap-in to manage the server remotely.

Here's a link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q271470&

It basically says that Windows 2000 server comes configured
incorrectly and a registry tweak will fix the problem. I made the
change and it now allows admin accounts to administer remotely. The
article says that non-admin accounts that have been given the proper
permission on the CA should be able to administer the server remotely
using the snap-in. This doesn't seem to be working for me. Anyone
else run into this problem? I'm getting an "Access Denied" error.

I cannot have an administer account managing our certificates, there
is too much other important data on the server. Any help would be
apprectiated.

Thanks,
Bryce