Re: Urgent help required... Windows 2000 SP3 suspected Code Red worm

From: Jeff Cochran (jcochran)
Date: 10/08/02

From: jcochran at naplesgov dot com (Jeff Cochran)
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 12:49:16 GMT

>It would appear that my PC has been infected by the Code
>Red worm (according to Sygate Personal Firewall), however
>I am running Windows 2000 Service Pack 3. I've downloaded
>the Code Red removal utility but it doesn't work because
>it say it's for SP2 only. I also thought that Code Red
>was fixed by SP3?

Why not simply re-run the various security patches and service packs
to be sure? Seach on Code Red/Nimda and you'll probably find a
bazillion removal tools, but the bottom line is you've been
compromised and a wipe and reinstall is indicated.

Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • Urgent help required... Windows 2000 SP3 suspected Code Red worm
    ... Red worm (according to Sygate Personal Firewall), ... I am running Windows 2000 Service Pack 3. ... This being the case (and since I didn't allow SP3 ...
  • Re: Random Rebooting
    ... >I am running Windows XP Prof. 5.1 Service Pack 2 ... That should put an end to the spontaneous reboots. ... Post the STOP error message contents, including the STOP code and all ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Need Help Setting up HP 5610
    ... redownload the whole of SP2 and burn it to a CD, ... than 2 year old) Dell Inspiron 8600 wireless laptop running windows xp pro ... I downloaded the service pack 2 on ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: f10 not working/screensaver
    ... I am running windows xp service pack 2 ... Agent Key ... kind of screen saver type virus i can not access desktop at all it stops ... What operating system, version, and service pack level you are running ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Service Pack 2
    ... According to newspaper article 3 or 4 days ago people ... running Windows XP Home Edition will start getting ... Service Pack 2 update. ...