Re: URLScan, multiple .ini files

From: sa (sa_spam@vit.net)
Date: 09/28/02

From: "sa" <sa_spam@vit.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 11:30:17 -0700

Folloow up:

I have URLSCAN version 1.0 installed.

Do I need to upgrade?
I don't want to run the Lockdown. Is there an Upgrade for URLScan only?

I much rather not touch anything that is working now ;-)

SA

"sa" <sa_spam@vit.net> wrote in message news:uBxgOuxZCHA.776@tkmsftngp08...
> Thanks David,
>
> so would the following scenario work:
>
> Global ISAPI:
> Less restrictive URLScan ini/dll (to allow .exe's to go through for
> example)
>
> LOCAL ISAPI:
> - for sites that don't need .exe/cgi:
> Add the more restrictive URLScan ini/dll (stopping all .exe)
> - for sites that need the .exe/cgi
> do nothing else.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> SA
>
> "David Wang [MS]" <someone@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > You need to take the ISAPI Filter out of Global WWW and install it
> > individually for each site. A filter cannot be "overriden"; its effects
> are
> > additive (if global and site filters are installed, both are executed
for
> > request to the site.
> >
> > Basically, URLSCAN.DLL takes configuration from URLSCAN.INI located
> wherever
> > the DLL that is loaded exists. So, you can have two configurations in
two
> > separate locations, and point all websites to either one or the other.
> >
> > This isn't "easy", but you're asking for a feature that doesn't exist in
> IIS
> > before IIS6...
> >
> > --
> > //David
> rights.
> > //
> > "sa" <sa_spam@vit.net> wrote in message
> > Thanks Thomas,
> >
> > Let me get this right ;-)
> >
> > So, I would take the ISAPI filter out of the Global "www",
> > then apply it indivitualy to each site ?
> >
> > OR
> >
> > would the different/new URLSCAN.dll (ISAPI filter), added to the
required
> > site,
> > would it then over-write the Global filter? (if it is the same name that
> > is)?
> >
> > Do I make sense? ;-)
> >

> > "Thomas Deml [MS]" <thomad@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > You can, it's not supported though. You have to install URLSCAN.DLL in
> > > different directories (a new directory per site) and map a different
> > > URLSCAN.DLL/URLSCAN.INI pair to each site.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps.
> > >
> > > Thomas Deml
> > > Lead Program Manager
> > > Internet Information Services
> > > Microsoft Corp.
> > >

> > > "sa" <sa_spam@vit.net> wrote in message
> > using

> want

Relevant Pages

  • URLScan and IIS6
    ... not an upgrade from W2K and ... Is URLSCAN functionality built into IIS6 or should I ... install the latest URLSCAN (is there a Win 2003 specific ...
  • Re: Where is the IIS6 IISLockdown setup files located?
    ... Can you tell me how to do the 'in place upgrade'? ... >You only can have urlscan in IIS 6.0 if you do a in place ... install in your IIS6.0 ... Windows and IIS help ...
  • Re: running URLscan for second time
    ... URLScan 2.5, it behaved just like it had to, began to ... install, asked to accepy licence and then said "UrlScan ... >urlscan is an ISAPI filter.. ... >INFO: Using URLScan on IIS ...
  • URLScan 2.5 for SBS2003?
    ... Is URLscan safe to install on SBS2003? ... We have just run an upgrade from sbs2000 to sbs2003, ... the bug where URLscan is installed on the 2000 box and ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Where is the IIS6 IISLockdown setup files located?
    ... Using URLScan on IIS6 currently implies that you are aware that it's ... just an ISAPI Filter with an INI file, and once you realize that, you should ... Make sure you turn on PerProcessLogging=1 if you are running in IIS6 WPIM ... >>could not install IIS Lockdown but could extract and install URLScan. ...