Re: Anonymous works 1 Day ??

From: Thomas Deml [MS] (thomad@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/27/02

From: "Thomas Deml [MS]" <thomad@online.microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:40:03 -0700

Stephane,

is the machine member of a domain and does the domain apply group policy? It
seems that a group policy takes away the "logon locally" right from the IUSR
account. This right is needed for IIS to logon the anonymous user though.

Either you ask your domain admin to exclude the IIS machine from the group
policy or you change the way IIS logs on the anonymous user. There is no UI
to change the logon method. You would have to do it via script, e.g.
c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil set w3svc/logonmethod 3
This changes the logonmethod to "NETWORK_CLEARTEXT" which is default in IIS
6.0.
If it doesn't work you can reset this by entering the following command:
c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil delete w3svc/logonmethod

Hope this helps.

Thomas Deml
Lead Program Manager
Internet Information Services