Re: Doesn't anyone else use SSL?

From: Todd (todd@SPAMMMMALIZERipcs.net)
Date: 09/27/02

From: "Todd" <todd@SPAMMMMALIZERipcs.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:18:46 -0500

That doesn't make any sense.

Decrypting the request and encrypting everything returned has to result in
some kind of latency.

<Todd />

"Randy" <rskopecek@ilmic.com> wrote in message
> Hello Todd.
> I'm running a verisign SSL connection myself on a server
> 1/4 yours. I receive basically no latency. I'm guessing
> that you are running all the most current service packs.
> One question would be, how fast is the client's machine
> that you are testing it on. You might try sniffing the
> traffic between the webserver, pix, internal servers(that
> the webserver touches), and dns server. I have received
> latency previously due to the fact that traffic kept
> bouncing back and forth between other servers. Hopefully
> this helps.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Internal TCP/IP send buffer?
    ... and that has to be decided at your proxy server. ... UDP or a separate TCP connection to the target and periodically ... connections) constitutes a completely different source of latency. ...
  • Network "freeze/lost"
    ... I have a big trouble with several server, ... Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation: Unknown device 3200 ... Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 0x10 ... I/O behind bridge: 0000f000-00000fff ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • [POSSIBLE BUG]: tg3 network is "lost"
    ... I have a big trouble with several server, ... Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 0x10 ... I/O behind bridge: 0000f000-00000fff ... Capabilities: ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • OT: Network Latency (Was: Re: ANN (retry): C compliler, new download available)
    ... any US-based server). ... assumes the lowest latency I get from my GPRS link, ... but lots of round trips. ... many of the protocols we commonly use are very latency ...
    (comp.lang.misc)
  • Re: Houston to China Connection
    ... VPN with a server at each location, with the Houston box being primary. ... VPNs seem to work well most of the time, and high latency doesnt seem to be ... and I hear that Exchange can be too. ... the underlying problem Walter is explaining is that exchange to client comms ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)