Re: Doesn't anyone else use SSL?

From: Todd (todd@SPAMMMMALIZERipcs.net)
Date: 09/27/02

From: "Todd" <todd@SPAMMMMALIZERipcs.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:18:46 -0500

That doesn't make any sense.

Decrypting the request and encrypting everything returned has to result in
some kind of latency.

<Todd />

"Randy" <rskopecek@ilmic.com> wrote in message
> Hello Todd.
> I'm running a verisign SSL connection myself on a server
> 1/4 yours. I receive basically no latency. I'm guessing
> that you are running all the most current service packs.
> One question would be, how fast is the client's machine
> that you are testing it on. You might try sniffing the
> traffic between the webserver, pix, internal servers(that
> the webserver touches), and dns server. I have received
> latency previously due to the fact that traffic kept
> bouncing back and forth between other servers. Hopefully
> this helps.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Internal TCP/IP send buffer?
    ... and that has to be decided at your proxy server. ... UDP or a separate TCP connection to the target and periodically ... connections) constitutes a completely different source of latency. ...
  • Network "freeze/lost"
    ... I have a big trouble with several server, ... Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation: Unknown device 3200 ... Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 0x10 ... I/O behind bridge: 0000f000-00000fff ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • [POSSIBLE BUG]: tg3 network is "lost"
    ... I have a big trouble with several server, ... Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 0x10 ... I/O behind bridge: 0000f000-00000fff ... Capabilities: ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • OT: Network Latency (Was: Re: ANN (retry): C compliler, new download available)
    ... any US-based server). ... assumes the lowest latency I get from my GPRS link, ... but lots of round trips. ... many of the protocols we commonly use are very latency ...
    (comp.lang.misc)
  • Re: Exchange 2003 Hosting Performance
    ... You can simply use ping command from the workstation to the Exchange server ... Reason being, Outlook versions prior to ... If latency is high, ... > How do I measure the latency between client and server? ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.design)