Re: Invasion on FTP!

From: Jorge Diaz (jdiaz@asine.cl)
Date: 09/26/02

From: "Jorge Diaz" <jdiaz@asine.cl>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 19:46:13 -0400

Yes, I take ownership, but when I try to delete this folder, the error
happens and with the rm.exe gives me an Unknow error

"Ken Schaefer" <kenRMV@THISadOpenStatic.com> wrote in message
> Did you take ownership first? (Then give yourself full control?)
>
> Cheers
> Ken
>
> --
> "Jorge Diaz" <jdiaz@asine.cl> wrote in message
> > The FTP root is already in another folder, I tried to delete the folder
in
> > where the strange folder is, but always gives me the same error "Could
not
> > read from the source file or disk"
> >

> > "Ken Schaefer" <kenRMV@THISadOpenStatic.com> wrote in message
> > > Make sure that you have full control over the folders (you will
probably
> > > need to do this at the next highest folder level, and check the box to
> > > propogate permissions to all folders/files underneath).
> > >
> > > If that still doesn't work, you could try:
> > > a) stop FTP server
> > > b) rename current FTP root to different folder name
> > > c) create new ftproot folder
> > > d) delete the folder in (b), which should delete all the
subdirectories
> as
> > > well.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Ken
> > >
> > > --
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > "Jorge Diaz" <jdiaz@asine.cl> wrote in message
> me
> > > the

> > > Windows
> > wothout
> > > delete

Relevant Pages

  • Re: disk error occurred
    ... these "locked files" are not the hidden files or system files. ... creates a folder of that username under "documents and settings". ... This is normally a simple permissions issue, dealt with by Taking Ownership. ... have XP Pro and have invoked encryption. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Unrecognised file structure
    ... If he can take ownership using the root drive ... >> Open Explorer, go to Tools and Folder Options, on the view tab, scroll to ... >> If you have XP Pro, temporarily change the limited account to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Firefox lock file?
    ... You may want to just change all ownership of everything in your *home* ... your files via Nautilus is to add the 'Owner' column to your Nautilus ... Research it first, read 'man chown' etc., *and backup your home folder ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: How to delete old user profiles and folders?
    ... > system folder and is required for windows to run properly. ... Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP ... Open Windows Explorer, and then locate the file or folder you want ... In the Change owner to box, ...
  • Re: Access Denied after System Crash....any help ideas?
    ... Will do...am presently taking ownership of my former documents file. ... XP in a free space on the drive (lost the System Commander as a result), ... personal documents folder again..access denied. ... To start in Safe Mode, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)