Re: NTLM Authentication

From: Andy (
Date: 09/17/02

From: "Andy" <>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:05:57 -0700

Hi Paul:

Thanks for your help so far. I made some progress as I got
basic authentication to work, but I am still having
trouble with Integrated Windows Authentication.

I took a look at this Q Article:;EN-

and followed this method:

IIS 4.0 and IIS 5.0
Method 1
1.Start the IIS Microsoft Management Console (MMC).

2.Right-click the desired Web site, and then click

3.On the Directory Security tab, in the Anonymous Access
and Authentication Control section, cclick Edit.

4.Click Edit for Default domain for basic authentication.

5.In the Domain Name text box, type a single backslash \.

6.Click OK three times to return to the Internet Service
Manager MMC.

but I am stil getting the 401.1 error with Integrated
Windows Authentication.

Any other ideas?

proper domain :
>>How to Authenticate a User Against All Trusting Domains
>>Paul Lynch
>also see this :

Relevant Pages