Re: NTLM Authentication

From: Andy (a_frescura@hotmail.com)
Date: 09/17/02

From: "Andy" <a_frescura@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:05:57 -0700

Hi Paul:

Thanks for your help so far. I made some progress as I got
basic authentication to work, but I am still having
trouble with Integrated Windows Authentication.

I took a look at this Q Article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
GB;q168908

and followed this method:

IIS 4.0 and IIS 5.0
Method 1
1.Start the IIS Microsoft Management Console (MMC).

2.Right-click the desired Web site, and then click
Properties.

3.On the Directory Security tab, in the Anonymous Access
and Authentication Control section, cclick Edit.

4.Click Edit for Default domain for basic authentication.

5.In the Domain Name text box, type a single backslash \.

6.Click OK three times to return to the Internet Service
Manager MMC.

but I am stil getting the 401.1 error with Integrated
Windows Authentication.

Any other ideas?

thanks

Andy

<a_frescura@hotmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Hi All:
>>>
>>>I am trying to authenticate a directory using
Integrated
>>>Windows Authentication. The primary domain controller
is
>>>on a different machine then the one where IIS is
hosted.
>>>If I create a local user the authentication workes
fine,
>>>but if I try to authenticate using a user in the
primary
>>>domain controller I am getting a 401.1 error. I have
set
>>>User Rights Assignment>Access this computer from the
>>>network: to everyone and even individual users for
testing
>>>purposes, but nothing seems to work.
>>>
>>>Any help would be much appricated.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Andy
>>
>>Andy,
>>
>>Set the DefaultLogonDomain property to reflect the
proper domain :

>>How to Authenticate a User Against All Trusting Domains
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
GB;q168908

>>HTH,
>>
>>Paul Lynch
>>MCSE
>
>also see this :
>http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/iis/default
.asp?url=/windows2000/en/server/iis/htm/asp/apro3hym.htm

>Paul
>.

Relevant Pages