Re: NTLM Authentication

From: Paul Lynch (paul.lynch@ntlworld.com)
Date: 09/17/02

From: Paul Lynch <paul.lynch@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:52:29 +0100

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 08:12:42 -0700, "Andy" <a_frescura@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi All:
>
>I am trying to authenticate a directory using Integrated
>Windows Authentication. The primary domain controller is
>on a different machine then the one where IIS is hosted.
>If I create a local user the authentication workes fine,
>but if I try to authenticate using a user in the primary
>domain controller I am getting a 401.1 error. I have set
>User Rights Assignment>Access this computer from the
>network: to everyone and even individual users for testing
>purposes, but nothing seems to work.
>
>Any help would be much appricated.
>
>Thanks
>
>Andy

Andy,

Set the DefaultLogonDomain property to reflect the proper domain :

How to Authenticate a User Against All Trusting Domains
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-GB;q168908

HTH,

Paul Lynch
MCSE

Relevant Pages

  • Re: AD 2003 Replication Failure/Authentication Failure
    ... >Verify time is synchronized on all DCs. ... users can authenticate to the Seidler-root domain controller, ... users can authenticate to the enterprise domain controller. ...
  • Forcing authentication with a specific DC
    ... I take it your PDC ... specific domain controller, that domain controller ... controller that holds the PDC emulator role. ... I want them to authenticate at the main ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: User authenication from remote site ?
    ... There is a domain controller at the Head Quarter ... Users at remote site finds that the response time for accessing data ... Replication of data of AD between HQ and RS ... Users at RS has to authenticate via HQ ...
  • Re: Native Mode possible problems...help!
    ... >> Todd J Heron, MCSE ... >>> know which domain controller authenticates them if they are tech ... How can I verify which domain controller they authenticate ...
  • Re: Flat domain to start off?
    ... I was told I need to assign each domain controller as a GC server. ... I do need to move computers/users to a sub-domain, ... control the DCs that your client computers authenticate against to prevent ... But I suspect since you are using a single NT4 domain ...