Lockdown Tool and .exe Problems
From: Mj (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Next message: BB: "Re: Event ID 100"
- Previous message: Baki: "IIS/DC on DMZ?"
- Next in thread: BB: "Re: Lockdown Tool and .exe Problems"
- Reply: BB: "Re: Lockdown Tool and .exe Problems"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
From: "Mj" <email@example.com> Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:47:01 -0700
I'm running IIS 5.1 and the IIS lockdown tool for
security. I'm able to connect to files on my computer
through HTTP and I *used* to be able to right-click and
save any file using this method.
However, since I've installed the lockdown tool, I cannot
save any .exe files from my computer (only zips, doc,
etc...). When I try to save them, I get this message:
"I.E cannot download file.exe from myaddress.com. I.E was
not able to open this Internet site. The requested site
is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try
When I disable the lockdown tool, I can save .exe's again.
I've tried different settings and options, but none seem
to allow this to work. Does anyone know how to re-enable
access to my .exe files again?