Lockdown Tool and .exe Problems

From: Mj (mjj1998@hotmail.com)
Date: 09/13/02

From: "Mj" <mjj1998@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:47:01 -0700

Hi,

I'm running IIS 5.1 and the IIS lockdown tool for
security. I'm able to connect to files on my computer
through HTTP and I *used* to be able to right-click and
save any file using this method.

However, since I've installed the lockdown tool, I cannot
save any .exe files from my computer (only zips, doc,
etc...). When I try to save them, I get this message:

"I.E cannot download file.exe from myaddress.com. I.E was
not able to open this Internet site. The requested site
is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try
again later."

When I disable the lockdown tool, I can save .exe's again.

I've tried different settings and options, but none seem
to allow this to work. Does anyone know how to re-enable
access to my .exe files again?

Thanks,
Mj.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What I would like the MS IIS Lockdown tool todo
    ... What I would like the MS IIS Lockdown tool todo ... the security team at MS really does care about the security of their ... rather than just letting them die in a public forum. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Lockdown tool newbie
    ... >ran the IIS Lockdown tool, although I cancelled out before it finished. ... The Lockdown Tool doesn't lock you out of anything, ... understand what you're doing and why, and the risks involved in each ...
  • IIS Lock Down Tool
    ... URLScan, the IIS lockdown tool was reinitiated and we were ... reset the IIS metabase and changes made to IIS between ...
  • Re: Reporting Service doesnt Work
    ... Anyhow Lockdown tool removes the enable session state mark under ... be sure to apply it to IIS-enabled SMS site system ... > computer as an SMS site system. ... For more information about the IIS Lockdown tool, ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: SUS Lockdown tool
    ... >After insatalling SUS and the IIS lockdown tool my web based intranet would not work, i have restarted iis service but the pages will still not load. ... Uninstall the lockdown tool. ...